'Old Soul' showcases 8x Grammy winner Stephen Marley expanding his musical horizons as a singer and songwriter with his new acoustic soul-leaning album that’s highlighted by special collaborations among its 14 tracks. “Winding Roads” features Grateful Dead legend Bob Weir with Jack Johnson, while Eric Clapton laces up a tasty lead guitar on a remake of the Bob Marley classic “I Shot the Sheriff.” Stephen enlists his brothers Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley on “Cast the First Stone” and Ziggy Marley on the classic Joe Higgs track, “There’s a Reward.” Jamaican Dancehall legend Buju Banton appears on “Thanks We Get (Do Fi Dem),” while Kyle McDonald from Slightly Stoopid joins on the ballad “Standing In Love."
The LP’s evocatively nostalgic title track "Old Soul” chronicles Stephen’s journey as a child growing up in Reggae’s royal family, while the summer vibes of “Cool as The Breeze” evoke a sense of longing and loss with an element of hope and remembrance that permeates much of the album that also includes covers of The Beatles’ “Don’t Let Me Down” and Ray Charles’s “Georgia On My Mind."
Releasing on CD, digital, standard 2LP vinyl as well as a limited two-color 2LP set, via UMe in partnership with the Marley Family, Tuff Gong Collective and Ghetto Youth International.
1. Don’t You Believe (Side A)
2. Cool As The Breeze (Side A)
3. Cast The First Stone ft. Damian “Jr Gong” Marley (Side A)
4. Thanks We Get (Do Fi Dem) ft. Buju Banton (Side A)
5. Don’t Let Me Down (Side B)
6. Georgia On My Mind (Side B)
7. Let The Children Play (Side B)
1. Old Soul (Original Mix) (Side A)
2. There's A Reward ft. Ziggy Marley (Side A)
3. This Time (Side A)
4. These Foolish Things (Reminds Me Of You) (Side A)
5. I Shot The Sheriff ft. Eric Clapton (Side B)
6. Standing In Love ft. Slightly Stoopid (Side B)
7. Winding Roads ft. Jack Johnson and Bobby Weir & Wolf Bros (Side B)